Chakras 101 Series (Part 5-THROAT CHAKRA)
What are chakras and how will understanding them improve your life?
In this series, we are exploring the significance and power of the 7 major chakras, one at a time.
Everyone has chakras. Chakras represent different energy centers throughout our body. Each chakra are associated with specific colors and energies. Though there are separate chakras, all chakras work together to create a balance of energies that affect your everyday life on a mental, physical, and energetic level (your mind, body, and spirit).
Gaining an understanding of each chakra helps you to become attuned with yourself. This strengthens your inner voice and allows you to be able to recognize whether you are emotionally on or off track so that you can rebalance yourself and make adjustments as needed.
Spirituality and astrology are interrelated. This series will detail how they connect so that you can more easily understand and incorporate these elements into your life and experience the positive changes it can bring!
In part 5, we are diving into the 5th chakra called the THROAT CHAKRA!
This is the fifth of the seven chakras and is located inside your throat.
This chakra is represented by the color BLUE and is connected to the planet MERCURY.
Your THROAT CHAKRA is your ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE.
This chakra is connected to all things that represent your ability to listen, express your feelings, understanding meaning beyond words, writing and musical abilities.
Your THROAT chakra needs to be nourished if you experience:
- fear of speaking up
- writers block
- speaking without thinking
- inability to listen to others
- inability to put your feelings into words/problems with self expression
- being dishonest
- overly talkative
- using negative words
- inability to discern the truth
- constantly yelling or speaking overly loud
- sore throat
- neck pain
- aggressive behavior
- feeling misunderstood
- dominating conversations
- ignoring your inner voice
Your THROAT chakra is kept balanced by:
- Carrying crystals/stones such as: Turquoise, Aquamarine, and Septarian
- Journaling your feelings or freewriting on a regular basis
- Eating more blueberries, ginger, oranges, and apples. Reduce sugar intake
- Drinking warm water with lemon or tea with honey
- Chanting the seed sound to activate this chakra: “HAM” (pronounced hum)
leave a comment